List of Events and Festivities - 2012
- Monday – Qdoba Kickoff
- Meet and Greet with Homecoming Court (Voting begins)
- Philanthropy Drive and Sculpture Competition
- Tuesday – Yell Like Hell (skit competition)
- Wednesday – Western Wednesday (Giveaway Promos @ flagpoles)
- Thursday – CAB presents Comedian Ty Barnett
- Friday – Various activities
- Western Games / Fritter Fest
- Soapbox Derby
- Yell Like Hell Finals
- Homecoming King and Queen voting ends
- Flag Run
- Half Time
- 2012 Homecoming King and Queen
- Spirit Cup Awards
- March Down
At the conclusion of downtown Kalamazoo's Art Hop, the Bronco Marching Band, the Cheer and Dance Teams, and the WMU Football Team will march the length of the Kalamazoo Mall to kick-off a pep rally for the Bronco Football Team. At 8:30 pm, join your fellow Broncos in welcoming back alumni and friends of the program to Western and Kalamazoo.
There will be buses stationed at Valley 1 & 2 to transport students to and from the Pep Rally for FREE. No registration is required. Buses will leave campus at 7:45 pm and return by 9:45 pm.
The Western Michigan University Alumni Association Board proudly announces the recipients of the 2012 Distinguished Alumni Award - Dr. Jan A. Huston and C. Wesley Smith. They will be honored at the 31st Annual Distinguished Alumni Dinner on the evening of October 5 at 6:15pm in the East Ballroom of the Bernhard Center. All are invited to attend and join in celebrating these two outstanding Broncos. The cost is $40 per person which can be paid through MyWMU's registration system by clicking here.
Register today for the 14th Annual Campus Classic 5K Run and 5K Fun Walk by clicking here. Race day registration is available from 7 to 9am on the Student Recreation Center tennis courts. The morning schedule is below:
- 8:45am – 1K Fun Walk and Run begin on Kanley Track
- 9:15am – 5K Run and Walk begin in front of the Student Recreation Center on Western Avenue
- 10:15am – Awards ceremony and refreshments at the Student Recreation Center tennis courts
On the Grounds of the College of Health and Human Services, WMU is hosting a number of sponsored tailgating events. The following groups will be present:
- Office of Development and Alumni Relations – All WMU Alumni, family and friends are invited to join your fellow Broncos renew acquaintances and celebrate our University. Food, drinks and other goodies will be provided to all that would like to attend. Register here.
- Haworth College of Business – The Annual Pancake Breakfast is available to all Haworth College of Business alumni and friends, who are encouraged to enjoy complimentary all-you-can-eat pancakes, sausage, coffee, and orange juice. Reservations are required, so register today!
- Western Herald – All alumni of the Western Herald staff are invited to attend Herald’s tailgate tent. Details to come.
At 2pm, the Bronco Football Team will host the newest member of the MAC, the University of Massachusetts. Tickets are available through the Bronco Ticket Office.
For all of your transportation, lodging, dining and entertainment needs in the city of Kalamazoo, please visit Discover Kalamazoo.