WMU ALUMNI ASSOCIATION
Legacy Scholarships recognize the loyalty of multi-generational Bronco families.
ALUMNI LEGACY SCHOLARSHIPS
For in-state residents
Value: One-time $1,000 award
Established in 1990 by the WMU Alumni Association, Legacy Scholarships are available to in-state (Michigan) residents. Multiple one-time $1,000 scholarships are awarded each year. In 2015, $125,000 in Legacy Scholarships was offered to incoming students.
LEGACY GOLD SCHOLARSHIPS
For out-of-state residents
Established in 2014, this scholarship is available to out-of-state admitted students. The award aims to cover the difference between out-of-state and in-state tuition for a limited number of selected applicants. In 2015, $150,000 in Legacy Gold Scholarships was offered to incoming students.
In order to receive the scholarship, applicants must be:
- The child, stepchild, grandchild, step-grandchild, sibling, or spouse of a WMU alumna or alumnus. Siblings of current students may also apply.
- Intending to enroll at WMU in the fall of 2017 for the first time as a freshman or as an undergraduate transfer student.
- Intending to be a full-time, degree-seeking students.
Applicants do not have to be admitted to WMU at the time of applying for the scholarship. Applications are read by an impartial committee of the WMU Alumni Association who is responsible for the selection of the scholarship recipients. In this competitive process, scholarships are not guaranteed to applicants.
Because of the Midwest Student Exchange Program
, out of state aviation majors from Illinois, Indiana, Kansas, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, North Dakota, and Wisconsin are not eligible to receive the Legacy Gold Scholarship.
ONLINE APPLICATIONS ARE DUE FEBRUARY 1, 2017
- Scholarship applications are available at MyWMU.com/legacyscholarship
- A single scholarship application will enable students to be considered for both scholarships, depending on eligibility
- A student may only receive one of the two types of Legacy Scholarships
- Scholarships are not guaranteed to applicants
Please note: For those students who qualify, the application below will be submitted for both scholarship opportunities.
Also note: An essay submission is required. Please have your essay saved in a Word document or pdf format prior to completing the form. The application will time out after 10 minutes.